- What is the current status of the stock repurchase program and management's future plans for the program?
- Our board of directors authorized the purchase of $5.0 million and $8.675 million of our outstanding securities in November and December 2021, respectively. Through December 31, 2021, our board of directors had authorized the purchase of up to $88.2 million of our outstanding securities, which program was first announced in our annual report for the year 2002, filed on March 26, 2003. All purchases described in the table above were under the plan announced in March 2003, which has no fixed expiration date. As of December 31, 2021, we have purchased $76.0 million of our common stock representing 19,657,355 shares. Any such future purchases would depend on the facts available at the time. As a result, we cannot give any useful guidance about possible future purchases. However, the Company will continue to evaluate opportunities to purchase stock, and make such purchases as circumstances allow
- Why does the number of shares outstanding continue to increase even though CPS has been repurchasing shares?
- As part of its employee long-term incentive plan, first implemented in 1991, the Company awards stock options from time to time. The number of shares outstanding increases as these options are exercised.
- Is CPS in contact with any research analysts with the objective of obtaining research coverage?
- CPS is followed by Kirk Ludtke of CRT Capital Group LLC. CPS management it also currently in discussions with additional brokerage research analyst to initiate and broaden coverage. Please see Analyst Coverage.
- What are your current investor relations efforts?
- In order to obtain market interest in the Company's common stock, CPS participates in discussions with the industry, general press and Wall Street participants, and attends industry conferences and seminars. Management of the Company continues to present at equity conferences and plans to continue such efforts. In addition, management is currently in discussions with additional brokerage research analysts to broaden coverage. The Company, however, is limited by strict Securities and Exchange Commission rules and regulations as to what we can say or do. The Company will continue to issue press releases and hold conference calls as circumstances dictate, and will make every effort to maximize shareholder value through the operation of the Company and our investor relations efforts.
- What is CPS's total warehouse credit facility capacity?
- As of December 31, 2022, CPS has two committed senior warehouse credit facilities with a total capacity of $400 million
- I am looking for information related to your delinquencies and net losses, but am having trouble finding it on your website.
- Certain portfolio performance information, including average annual net losses, delinquencies and static pool net losses, can be found in the Company Summary presentation on the Investors Communications page of the website. Quarterly and year end delinquency and net loss information is available in the Company's Quarterly Reports and Annual Report on Form 10-Q and Form 10-K, respectively, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- What impact has the change in the bankruptcy law in October 2005 had on CPS?
- We found that new bankruptcy filings in 2006 were less than half of historical levels as a percentage of the portfolio. We feel that the change in law has accelerated the timing of losses slightly. Customers that are not able to file are being charged off sooner. However, it is still too early to conclude what kind of lifetime net loss impact this will have. At this time, we feel it will not be significant.
- Can I get an auto loan directly from CPS?
- CPS is primarily an indirect auto finance company and rarely lends money directly to consumers. Generally, we purchase automobile contracts from dealers under several different financing programs.
- Why haven't any more questions been posted on your website?
- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. reviews questions as received, and posts information to the Q&A section of the Website when it believes such information will provide value to interested parties and is appropriate for posting pursuant to the requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company reviews the information posted on the Q&A portion of the website regularly, as well as all questions received.